Powered by Blogger.

CONCERT TIPS



For today's post I thought I would share some concert tips with you all as I have noticed that some people tend to ask on Twitter for some tips.

So different tips will apply for different concerts, of course, and also it depends on whether your tickets are seated or standing/general admission so I'll try my best to cover all aspects and I'll also talk about the best/easiest ways to get tickets. Hope some of you find this post helpful!


Buying Tickets

  • The day the tickets go on sale for any concert is always nerve wrecking, I know, so first things first is to stay calm! I tend to shake a LOT right down to when the countdown finishes and the page refreshes, but lately I've learnt that by calming yourself down and staying positive is best.
  • Make sure that you have all your details already saved on your Ticket source site, this will save you SO MUCH time, trust me.
  • Don't be late, if the tickets go on sale at 9am, be on the page for the tickets at quarter to. This should be a given.
  • If it is possible, see if one of your friends or family members can help you out by trying for tickets, too. However, make sure you are on the phone with them during this time so you can decide which tickets are better for you.
  • You don't have to go with the first tickets you come across, however if the concert is high in demand you might not want to risk it. You can judge this for yourself.
  • Only have ONE tab open! Close any other tabs you might have open, down.
  • And lastly, don't give up!!! If you don't find tickets at first, keep looking, some may be released if someone doesn't want to buy them. Not only that, but sometimes artists tend to upgrade the venue to one bigger so keep an eye out! If all else fails, GETMEIN, eventim and ticketweb are all very reliable, the only problem is that some people will resell tickets for a lot more than face value, if that is the case, not to worry - just wait a month or two or a few weeks before the concert and purchase them then as tickets will be a lot cheaper.

Before and at the concert

(General Admission/Standing)
  • If you can, get to the venue as early as possible if you want to be close to the front. There have been times when I've queued for 12/13 hours but believe me it is ALWAYS worth it!
  • If you do queue early, take a blanket if it's going to be a cold day, believe me there is nothing worse than getting to the venue at 5am and having to wait until 9am for a store to open just so you can purchase a blanket. However, you will have to bear in mind that there's a 99% chance you will have to leave the blanket outside the venue so don't buy/bring the most expensive/your best one.
  • Some venues do allow you to camp out overnight, however, if you plan on doing this then I would probably advise you to email the venue before hand to double check if you are allowed, especially if the concert isn't in your town.
  • Make friends with the people in front AND behind you in the queue. Talking with them will pass some time, not only that but they will be more than happy to keep your space in the queue for when you need the toilet or to buy some food. Easy ways to start a conversation - remember you already have one thing in common, the music! So, ask 'have you seen ....... before?' 'what other bands/artists do you listen to?' or introduce yourself.
  • Linking with my last point, don't go into the concert on an empty stomach! Not everyone likes to buy food inside as it is quite expensive or they don't want to lose their place, so just bear that in mind. Also, if it's a cold day then eating will keep you a little warmer
  • Make sure you go to the toilet beforehand. That is a given, too.
  • Before doors open, have your bag open ready and your ticket in hand as they will most likely search your bag so the easier your make it for the security, the quicker you can get in and to the front.
  • If you do take a bag, don't take a huge one. I strongly advise to take an across the shoulder/body bags as they are less hassle (make sure you are able to close the bag so that you don't have to worry about anything falling out)
  • You can already guess that you will be standing for quite a long time, so comfortable shoes are necessary.
  • Wear clothes that you won't get too warm in. (If you decide to get to the venue to queue early, wear a jumper/hoodie so that you can take it off and wrap it around your waist during the concert)
  • Remember that people will push, shove and you will be pressed up against people. However, when I went to see Fall Out Boy last month, a girl next to me suggested that I stood with my legs shoulder width apart so that I wouldn't lose balance if someone pushed me, and also to cross your arms so that no one can push in front of you and to my surprise this actually worked! 
  • When security offers water, PLEASE TAKE SOME. Stay hydrated!
  • Funny story, (though not so funny), when I saw Halsey at koko in London, someone literally pulled a chunk of my hair out during the show, and boy was it painful! After that, I learnt that wearing my hair down was a big no, so I'd probably say to make sure you put your hair up for the concert.
  • There's a chance that you will lose the person/people you went with. Don't waste time worrying or trying to find them, just enjoy the concert because you can find them afterwards.
  • Don't fight/argue with security. They are there for YOUR safety, they are just doing their job.
  • Don't be afraid to use your elbows to move people out of the way or from you.
  • But most importantly, have the most incredible time, sing along to every lyric and take it all in. No concert is the same, but they are always such an insane experience!

Helpful items to bring

  • portable chargers
  • sharpie (in case you meet the artist before/afterwards)
  • hair tie
  • cash (some merch stands or drink/food stands don't take card)


That's all I can think of right now, if you have any questions feel free to tweet me or comment. (although I think I've probably given some common tips, but I hope I helped anyone who has not yet been to a concert)


Enjoy, stay safe and hydrated!


Thanks for reading,


Until next time, be you and keep smiling.

- T .x

CONVERSATION

3 comments:

  1. This is a great post! and these are also good tips for concerts, and especially for general admission, I have learned to try and get as early as I can if I really want to be close.

    XO, Ruth Sarai
    http://stuck-in-rewind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's definitely best to get there early!
      Thank you for your comment, I appreciate it x

      - Tiffany

      Delete
  2. Loving your blog! Everything you write is so relevant, I LOVE following you xo

    http://labeautyaffair.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top